Tinnitus is almost always accompanied with some level hearing loss. Even worse, as a person’s hearing loss progresses, their tinnitus will become more pronounced since there will be less outside audible sounds to combat the tinnitus. But thanks to updates in hearing aid technology, there are hearing aids which our hearing specialists can offer that directly combat both hearing loss and tinnitus.
Widex Zen Therapy Boost Effectiveness of Hearing Aids
Many of our patients who have been suffering from tinnitus particularly endorse the use of Widex Zen Therapy hearing aids as they are so much more than just hearing aids.
Widex Zen Therapy is a complete tinnitus management package. The parts of Widex Zen Therapy are:
- Hearing aids – The hearing aids are a vital part of the Widex Zen Therapy. They amplify sounds so you can focus less on your tinnitus symptoms.
- App – An interactive app can sync with your hearing aids, called the Widex Zen – Tinnitus Management app. This app syncs with your hearing aids so you can access different Zen fractal tones, such as wind chimes and other soothing sounds, to help in drawing attention away from tinnitus symptoms. You can also control your hearing aids from this app.
- Counseling – There are counseling and relaxation exercises available on the Widex app, allowing you to gain a greater understanding of your tinnitus and how to keep it from affecting your daily life.
Starkey Multiflex Tinnitus Technology Hearing Aids
Well-known makers of hearing aids, Starkey has developed multiflex tinnitus technology which they have added to 6 different styles of hearing aids. Some of the ways Starkey multiflex hearing aids address tinnitus symptoms are:
- Customizable – Tinnitus affects people differently, so Starkey multiflex hearing aids have a high level of tuning sensitivity so your hearing needs can be accurately addressed.
- Simple – The volume control on these hearing aids are easy to adjust.
- Precision – Depending on what sound range has been affected by hearing loss, it can be addressed during your fitting and these hearing aids can compensate for it.
Tinnitus SoundSupport Enabled On Oticon Hearing Aids
Adding to their impressive line-up of hearing aids is Oticon’s Tinnitus SoundSuppot, which can be enabled on Oticon’s hearing aids. With Tinnitus SoundSupport, you can do several things with your hearing aids.
- Personalized – Choose from red noise, pink noise, white noise, or ocean sounds to help distract and relieve yourself from tinnitus symptoms.
- Modulate – There are four different modulations we can help you choose from so your hearing aids are fine-tuned to your preference.
- App-controlled – You can discreetly alter the sound level of your Tinnitus SoundSupport-enabled hearing aids with an app on your phone.
There are several kinds of Oticon hearing aids which can have Tinnitus SoundSupport enabled, which hearing aids are Opn, Ria2, Alta2, and Nera2.
New Tinnitus-Assistance Hearing Aids From Signia
There are now some Signia hearing aids which work as hearing aids and tinnitus therapy devices. Along with amplifying the external sounds you do want to hear, tinnitus therapy hearing aids can have four different therapeutic sounds programmed into them. You can choose ocean wave noise, static noise, white noise, or high-tone noise. These therapeutic sounds will allow you to focus on sounds outside of your tinnitus.
At Hearing Associates of Las Vegas, we can offer all of these hearing aids for our patients. As independent providers of hearing aids, you can be assured that we will outfit you with the right tinnitus-treating hearing aids for you. Contact us today and start enjoying your freedom from tinnitus.