When you receive new hearing aids, it may surprise you to know that they likely won’t be a perfect fit right out of the box. But that doesn’t mean your new hearing devices can’t become ideal for your hearing needs.
Here at Hearing Associates of Las Vegas, we like to say that your hearing aids are only as good as the person who fits you with them. At our hearing clinic, we take the time and care to adjust your hearing aids until you are satisfied with them.
What Are Hearing Aid Adjustments
If you are new to using hearing aids, what a hearing aid adjustment is can be quite mystifying but it doesn’t have to be. Simply put, a hearing aid adjustment is an alteration to the aspect of your hearing aids which is irritating you. These annoyances can range from distorted sounds to a poorly-cast earmold that is uncomfortable to wear.
Some hearing aid adjustment you can perform at home, which our hearing instrument specialists will be happy to teach you about. Some of these adjustments are:
- Volume changes
- How to switch between channels (if applicable)
- Changing between telecoil and regular settings
- Bluetooth syncing (if applicable)
Depending on what style, brand, and type of hearing aid you have, you will have different adjustment options, which is why we emphasize hearing aid consulting here at Hearing Associates of Las Vegas.
Some hearing aid adjustments will need to be made at our hearing aid clinic, as they require specialized tools which are only available to hearing professionals. A few of the hearing aid adjustments we can make for you are:
- Reprogramming – If the sound your hearing aids provide cannot be fixed by altering the volume, your hearing aids may need to be reprogrammed. We have software to balance the frequencies and volume that you are hearing.
- Custom earmold cast – If your earmold is uncomfortable no matter how you position it, we can re-cast your hearing aid earmold to ensure it is a better fit.
- Hearing aid repairs – One of the hearing services we offer are hearing aid repairs, since sometimes the adjustment you need to make your hearing aids comfortable is due to the fact that your device is damaged. We have a repair lab at our hearing clinic and can fix your hearing aids.
Ways You Can Benefit From Hearing Aids Adjustments
Aside from making your hearing aids more comfortable to wear, there are other benefits to having your hearing aids adjusted.
- Improved listening – Hearing aids are needed to support the health of your auditory nerve. With adjusted hearing aids, you can be sure that sounds are properly reaching your auditory nerve so you can hear and comprehend the noises around you.
- Greater clarity – When hearing aids aren’t adjusted to your needs, you may struggle with distorted sound and feedback interference. Adjusted hearing aids provide you with greater clarity of sound, allowing you to more easily understand what you are hearing.
- Ease of use – Using well-adjusted hearing aids is much simpler than hearing aids which have not been tailored to your hearing needs. Rather than constantly fiddling with them to make the devices work, all you have to do is pop them in and go.
So, if your hearing aids aren’t quite as comfortable as you would like, contact us for an appointment. Our hearing instrument specialists will be able to adjust your hearing aids and provide you with the hearing experience you deserve.