Hearing Associates of Las Vegas are proud providers of comprehensive hearing services all throughout Las Vegas and Clark County. Our patients enjoy personalized care and our determination to help them enjoy the best hearing possible. Below are the various services we offer at our two office locations.
Having regular hearing exams are important to ensure you are enjoying a full range of hearing which is why Hearing Associates offer comprehensive hearing evaluations.
During your hearing evaluation, we will use a series of diagnostic tools to determine your hearing and inner ear health. A couple of the tests which we may use to assess your hearing are:
- Pure tone air and bone conduction testing – You will be tested by first having tones play through headphones at a variety of pitches and volumes. Our testers will then reduce the volume until you cannot hear the tones anymore, which you will indicate by raising your hand. After that test, a special device will be placed on the bone behind your ear and we will have you signal like the test prior when you hear a tone.
- Speech reception and word recognition – This test is to help assess how well you can hear and understand regular speech. You will be asked to listen to a series of words are repeat them back. The words will be given at different volumes to help assess if there are volume levels you aren’t hearing.
Our hearing evaluations generally take 20 minutes to complete. The information we gather with the evaluation will also help us assess if you are a candidate for hearing aids or other hearing devices. Be sure to contact our office to set up your hearing evaluation.
Hearing Aid Services
Hearing Associates are dedicated to helping achieve the best hearing possible and as part of our mission, we offer a wide range of hearing aid-related services.
- Digital Hearing Aids – As an independent provider, we work with the world’s leading makers of hearing aids. We fit the most advanced hearing aid to suit your lifestyle, hearing loss and budget. We even offer specialty hearing aids such as the Lyric Extended Wear Hearing Aid. Lyric is the only completely invisible hearing aid approved for extended wear. Lyric can be worn day and night, even while exercising and showering.
- Live Speech Mapping – Speech mapping is the most accurate way to program a hearing aid, which is why we offer this service when fitting you for hearing aids. Speech mapping takes into account a patient’s hearing loss and to work specifically in various of real-world sound environments and everyday situations. You can learn more about Live Speech Mapping here.
- Real Ear Measurement – Real ear measurement is a method for testing the accuracy of a hearing aid fitting. Each ear is very different from one patient to the next and those differences have a major effect on the benefit a hearing aid provides to the wearer. Hearing Associates doesn’t believe in one-size-fits-all hearing aids, so we make sure your hearing aids have the best fit so you can the best hearing possible.
- Hearing Aid Batteries – You will want to be sure to keep an ample supply of hearing aid batteries for when and where you need them. We make it easy and affordable to maintain your supply so you never have to be without hearing aid batteries.
- In-Office Repairs – We service and can clean most makes of hearing aids in our office. As hearing aids are an investment in your health and overall quality of life, we understand how important it is to keep your hearing aids in peak working order.
- Extended Warranty Plans – We offer extended warranties to extend beyond the standard protection provided by hearing aid manufacturers.
Hearing loss and tinnitus are strongly associated hearing disorders, which is why Hearing Associates offer a range of tinnitus services, from evaluation to treatment options.
- Comprehensive Tinnitus Evaluation – Commonly known as ringing in the ears, tinnitus affects millions, and for some, it can be quite serious. If ringing in the ears gets in the way of daily life see our tinnitus expert. They will perform a comprehensive tinnitus evaluation so the severity of your tinnitus can be evaluated and recommend treatments options for you to choose from.
- Tinnitus Treatment – Tinnitus, known as ringing in the ears but can be quite bothersome for some. We provide extensive tinnitus treatment options with 11 different treatment options available. With so many different treatments available, you can be sure to find one or more which will help you manage your tinnitus symptoms.
Hearing Loss Rehabilitation
Outside of hearing devices like hearing aids, there are other hearing loss treatment methods offered by Hearing Associates.
- Aural Rehabilitation – For those with a hearing loss, aural rehabilitation services can give you strategies to improve listening and increase your communication effectiveness. With amplified hearing, your world will be full of sounds you forgot existed. Through training and practice, you will acquire new listening habits.
- LACE® – Listening and Communication Enhancement therapy is a self-directed program to retrain your hearing. Think of LACE as physical therapy for your brain.
Other Hearing-Related Services
There are a couple other hearing-related services Hearing Associates offers which don’t fit neatly into any of the above categories. However, they can help you improve and protect your hearing.
- Ear Protection – Protect your hearing with custom hearing protection designed for musicians, gun enthusiasts, swimmers and for people that work in noisy environments. By using custom hearing protection, you can experience a greater level of security than just using generic hearing protection.
- Cerumen Management – Cerumen, commonly known as ear wax, is normal. A healthy ear cleans itself – small hairs inside the ear remove the wax slowly. Deep or impacted wax can cause pain, fullness, noise in the ear or hearing loss. We can help determine if you are experiencing problems due to earwax and can use a variety of techniques to clear your ears with minimal discomfort.
At Hearing Associates of Las Vegas, we ensure that everyone who enters our offices has the best experience possible with our high-quality staff. Contact us today so you can enjoy better hearing along with great service.